Wednesday, November 29, 2017

ILP "Participation"- Lynda Tutorial

     For my second independent learning project, I did a Lynda tutorial on how to embed contact forms on a website. I chose to do this specific tutorial because I wanted to make a contact form for a website I have that contains some of the poetry I have written. During the tutorial, I learned primarily how to use WordPress contact forms and how to select certain ones based on their purpose. I also learned that contact forms are rarely filled out if they are long and contain many prompts for information, but this can sometimes be helpful to weed out certain people who may respond.

      The learning experience through the Lynda tutorial was very thorough. There were many links inside the videos so I could choose which areas I wanted to focus on, and I really enjoyed that. The only thing I did not like was that it was geared toward WordPress, and I am more accustomed to using Wix. Besides that, there was still lots of helpful information that made choosing a contact form much easier.





No comments:

Post a Comment