Sunday, November 5, 2017

blog post 9

     The flipped classroom is a new, but controversial way of teaching students. Rather than taking time in class to teach student's a topic, teachers using a flipped classroom model will instead send kids home with material to learn, and then use classroom time for more hands on instruction and answering any questions that students may have. While this might be helpful for students who do better in an active classroom environment, it puts a lot of weight on the students to teach themselves and use their free time solely for school, rather than for other valuable extra-curricular activities. khan academy

     Open content is content that is available for student use without worry of infringing on copyright. This is a useful tool for students because it allows them to take certain resources and manipulate and modify them in order to create something unique to them. This way, students can make the source fit their specific needs, which they know better than anyone else. Windows 10 is an example of open source software that students can use. open source software

     For the first PowerPoint assignment, I definitely learned a lot. I learned how to manipulate the slide master in order to customize the slides to fit my needs. I also learned how to voice over a slide and then save it as a sort of video. I feel that this may be helpful in the even of sharing lectures with students online. I did not like how long it took to create the PowerPoint. Formatting everything took quite a bit, but I think it turned out well. I also learned a lot from the second assignment. I had never thought much about using PowerPoint to create a game until this assignment. It is not as hard as I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment