Friday, September 29, 2017

Blog Post 4

     With Twitter, I have found myself interacting with the education technology community. It is an easy hashtag to look up, and there are many great articles and discussions that occur within it. I feel that this interaction has helped me to foster new ideas on how technology can be used in an educational setting. In my future career, Twitter might be helpful in allowing me to connect with other peers and have discussions with others whom I might not have had the chance to meet otherwise.
     The digital divide could either work to a students advantage or disadvantage. If students have had extensive experience with technology, they could be well off and find no trouble working with technology in the classroom, if they do not, however, they might find even some of the simplest tasks difficult and frustrating. For this reason, I believe it is important to have a comprehensive check to see if students know what they are doing and to gauge where they are at technologically so they do not fall behind.
     In a classroom setting of 8th graders, I would probably use tutorial software which allows each individual student to move at their own pace. This takes pressure off of the students to keep up with others because they can control how fast they move through the tutorial and if they understand the lesson clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment