Sunday, September 24, 2017

Blog Post 3

     There are many ELA technology standards that exist, and while I'm sure it would be helpful to learn more about each of them, I am fairly confident I would be able to teach a few with the knowledge I already have. Among those standards are "Multimedia" Literature, "Multimedia" Informational Text, "Multimedia" History/Social studies, "Multimedia"Science/Technical Studies, "Text Structure" Informational Text, "Use Multiple Sources", and "Evaluate Speakers Point of View". I feel confident in my ability to teach these because I have encountered them many times throughout my school career. The standard that I feel I would need to focus most on learning more about is "Use Digital Media". I have close to no experience creating graphs using technology so I am not confident that I could teach others to do it.

     If I had students of high school age I would definitely implement the use of email in the classroom for assignments. In college it is vital to know how to use email, from writing a proper one to being able to send out mass emails, it is a tool that a student cannot survive college without. It is for that reason that I would teach the students how to use it before they head off to college. As for digital citizenship, I will make sure my students understand the importance of their online identity, including what they make their email name. Things like that do not simply disappear and I will stress that.

     Some of the skills I acquired from the newsletter assignment were how to create a banner and how to format a document with columns. One thing I did not like was the requirement of a cut-off piece of page. I could not figure out how to insert a dotted line and it was quite frustrating. I also did not like how, by inserting a picture, it could mess up your whole spacing. It was hard to make sure it was just right.


No comments:

Post a Comment